Storytelling is the most powerful and engaging way to put forward your idea. It has various forms from videos, photographs, writing, and visual communication. Motion graphics and animation are a part of visual communication; they are related but distinctive terms.
We at Superfly Productions are here to glance you through these two - motion graphics and animation differences, similarities, and benefits.
Table of content
- What is motion graphics?
- Types of motion graphics
- Benefits of motion graphics
- What is animation?
- Different styles of animation
- Benefits of animation
- Difference between motion graphics and animation
- Why choose Superfly Productions?
What is motion graphics?
Motion graphics are a type of visual communication that combines graphic design and animation to tell stories engagingly and dynamically. It is an amalgamation of images, shapes, texts, and other visual facets to communicate a message or tell a story in a meaningful way.
To put it in a simplified way, motion graphics is all about bringing static graphic design elements to life through movements. This visual communication fits in any digital media and different fields, from advertising to marketing and commercials to web design.
To create, professionals choose dedicated software such as Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D. Motion graphics help you to break down complex concepts into simple visual communication. Overall, it is a perfect way to bring your imagination to life with an affordable budget.
Types of motion graphics:
Yes, motion graphics help always comeup with something new for your audience. Explore the different types of motion graphics with us!
1. Infographics: Infographics is a visual representation of data and information engagingly with improved readability and understanding. It is used in educational videos and presentations.
2. Logo animation: Logo animation adds life to the static brand logo. Brands use logo animation to make it more appealing and memorable for their target audience.
3. Informative videos: Motion graphics play a vital role in informative videos. It helps the video creator to explain complex content easily and intriguingly.
4. Typography animation: In this, texts are animated creatively to emphasize keywords. This form of animation is popular in ads and credits of the film.
5. Kinetic typography: Kinetic typography is similar to typography animation, the difference is kinetic typography videos are fast and have music or voice-over to enhance the impact of the video. Many corporations and brands use this style to communicate their message.
Benefits of motion graphics:
Motion graphics have many long-term and short-term benefits in different aspects! Check out them.
1. Engaging and attention-grabbing: Motion graphics is a perfect way to engage your audience and get their attention. Its dynamic nature makes it effective and impactful.
2. Storytelling: Storytelling is enhanced when motion graphics comes into play. The versatility helps it to be compelling and helps the audience understand the narratives.
3. Budget-friendly: Motion graphics are budget-friendly compared to actual shoots. Also, motion graphics take less effort. Overall, motion graphics save up multiple resources.
What is animation?
Animation is an art form used to tell stories in a creative way. It involves the creation of moving objects such as scenes, characters, and texts of each frame. Animation is the most popular art form due to its captivating and versatility across the world.
From traditional hand-drawn animation to 3D CGI (Computer-generated imagery), animation has come a long way. With time, animation is evolving and becoming more advanced. It has a rich history and we believe that over the period, animation can be the next big thing in the industry.
It has a wide array of uses, from films to ads, from promotional videos to presentations, animation has found its way into digital media. Animation is a powerful technique of visual communication since it has broken the language barrier and attracted all genders and ages of the audience.
Different styles of animation:
Like motion graphics, animation has different styles. Mainly there are two styles of animation: 2D and 3D. It’s time to explore them!
2D animation: It is a classic animation style. 2D animation is created by hand-drawn each frame and then scanning or capturing them in sequence.
3D animation: 3D animation creates depth and realism, which makes the video/film more compelling and engaging. We can see more 3D animation in movies nowadays and brand promotional videos.
Cutout animation: In cutout animation, characters are created in paper or similar material and then animated by moving them in each frame. It is similar to stop-motion but with cutout elements.
Claymation: Claymation is also known as clay animation, here, characters are sculpted in clay or similar materials and animated frame by frame through movement.
Sand animation: In this, professional animators carve scenes on sand with a backlit surface. It’s an ephemeral and unique style of animation.
Benefits of animation:
Check out the benefits of animation that justify the resources you invest in it!
Rich visuals and imagery: Animation has the power to add life to your imagination. Using this art form, you can create cool and rich visuals that enhance the storytelling aspects.
Simulation: The visual communication form can be used to create realistic simulation and training programs across different industries ranging from military to healthcare sectors.
Universal: Animation breaks various barriers, especially language. It relies less on language and more on visuals. Also, animation is captivating and appealing to all types of audiences irrespective of age, gender, and background.
Motion graphics vs. animation:
Motion graphics are used to explain concepts, communicate information, or enhance the visual appearance of the video or presentation. It is mostly about manipulating objects such as texts, shapes, icons, etc.
Animation has a much broader usage, it is used to create the illusion of movements. Animation brings our ideas to life and is used for storytelling and entertainment. However, animation can be used for various purposes.
Creativity and artistic expression:
1. Motion graphics is about minimalism when it comes to creativity. It is best suitable for corporate aesthetics.
2. Animation gives you the liberty to explore diverse visual styles.
1. Motion graphics are short and concise.
2. Whereas, animation can range anywhere from short-film to feature film.
Why choose Superfly Productions?
Superfly Production is a one-stop solution for all your video production needs. Our worldwide network and comprehensive services will help you achieve your goals. We have expertise in motion graphics and animation, our professional team can deliver you the outcome on time without compromising on the quality.
So are you ready to redefine your goals? Let’s talk!